Have you ever noticed that domestic violence can have important consequences on human and financial resources?
When a person is victim of domestic violence in her partnership, her employer suffers certain losses:
- the situation can cause administrative costs;
- the employee's productivity might lessen;
- employees can be distracted, or can be late or absent;
- the employee’s workload might need to be reallocated;
- the team can feel overloaded in short, mid or long term;
- other members of the team can burn out.
When an employee is victim or perpetrator of domestic violence, you need to take time to handle the situation:
- considering it;
- managing the temporary or permanent absence of the person;
- replacing them regularly;
- recruiting and training a new person.