Preventing domestic violence in workplaces
Why does violence in romantic relationships must be a concern in workplaces?
Health and safety are a concern in our workplaces. More and more, the general welfare of employees is considered by human resources managers.
Domestic violence has a considerable impact on the well-being and safety of the people involved and their entourage. It occurs between two people in an intimate relational context, whether heterosexual or homosexual, in early dating or during the relationship, and may continue after a break up. It happens regardless of age, nationality, level of education or economic status.
Domestic violence, which is the seeking of power by a person over the other, is characterized by gestures, attitudes, or words that depreciate and control the other. The less supported and surrounded the victim is, the easier she can be kept under control through intense and repeated acts of violence
Workplaces should therefore prevent violence in their team members’ love relationships.
- What are the impacts of domestic violence on my business?
- Should I be concerned by my employee’s personal life?
- How can you tell an employee is victim of domestic violence?
- What are the negative impacts on the work team?
- How to identify that an employee is being violent in his relationship?
- A good solution: a healthy, safe and positive workplace
- What to do when my employee confides to me?
- Taking a stand against domestic violence
- Intended measures for the staff
- Aid programs and workplace policies for employees